SonicWall has seen a number of organizational changes throughout its 30-year history, from its early days as an innovator in SMB network security to its decade as a public company, its five years as a...Read More
Navigating the Financial Landscape
Expert insights, tips, and strategies for managing your company's finances effectively.
When a company needs to meet the demands of industry leaders in different sectors and countries, having the right employees is not a luxury, it’s a necessity. So, when DevonWay was tasked with relocating a...Read More
International growth can be an exciting time — but also one ripe with horror stories, waiting to keep you up at night. Behind the rose-tinted view of global expansion, lie more ghastly tales, involving a...Read More
The global work environment has changed — companies are rapidly replacing traditional 9-to-5 office-based roles with a flexible, remote-first workforce. Remote work has opened the doors to hiring the best talent, wherever they may live....Read More
According to the Future Forum research, 72 percent of employees said they never want to go back to the traditional way of working and expect a hybrid-remote office model going forward. Research has shown that...Read More
Staying compliant is critical for long-term success. Companies that grow internationally without prioritizing compliance are sure to run into problems. From entity setup, to hiring, financial reporting, and staying on top of changing regulations, compliance...Read More
- The pros and cons of a reverse mortgage to help pay off your debts
Be cautious before entering into an agreement to chip away at your home equity
- FP Answers: What should I do if I've missed three years of repayments to my RRSP Home Buyers’ Plan?
You are unable to catch up on missed payments, experts say
- CRA taken to court after denying spousal support payments as tax deductible
Jamie Golombek: There are tax consequences to take into account when making a separation agreement
- Here's what you need to know about picking an executor for your will
Testators writing a will should consider whether the executors they are naming are the right people
- Taxpayer tries to claim parking costs as medical expense, claiming discrimination for travelling short distances
Jamie Golombek: Start gathering the receipts you’ll need if you’re hoping to claim the medical expense tax credit
- 4 ways the wealthy can make a dent in a large tax bill
Ted Rechtshaffen: These ideas could help the wealthy pay 5 times instead of 7 times what the average person pays on taxes
- 8 Topics to Tackle If You Want to Survive Retirement With Your Spouse
In retirement, it's more important than ever to make sure you're on the same page.
- How to Overcome the 8 Biggest Challenges of Remote Work
Creating a designated work area can help keep you focused and help you get away from work at the end of the day.
- Don’t File Your Taxes Until You Have These 7 Things
Before you file your taxes this year, make sure you grab these documents.
- 11 Deep Discounts Available on Amazon Today
These items are steeply discounted — but the deals won't last long.
- These 10 States Have the Biggest Homes in America
Bigger is better for homebuyers in these states.
- 9 Ways to Use Alcohol Without Drinking It
Don't let leftover alcohol derail your Dry January. Here's how to put it to use without drinking it down.
- Your 2023 Financial To-Do List (15 Things To Check Off)
Do you have money tasks that you need to do but you keep putting off? Today’s financial to-do list will put you back on track so you can start checking things off your list. Managing your whole life, especially your financial life, can be […]
- 32 Best Stay At Home Jobs For Moms & Dads (Great, Flexible Ideas!)
Becoming a mom is one of the best things to ever happen to me, and I love that my job is flexible enough that I get to spend time playing with my daughter and watching her grow up. I know not everyone wants to work from home with their kids, but I […]
- How To Become A Ghostwriter And Make $100,000+ Each Year
Do you want to learn how to become a ghostwriter for books? Ghostwriters write books and content for others, but their names aren’t publicly shared or credited as the author. If you want to learn how to become a ghostwriter for books and find […]
- 10 Budget Friendly Meals (Easy, Delicious, & Affordable Recipes!)
Are you looking for delicious and easy budget friendly meals? Finding affordable meal options can be a huge help when you’re trying to save money. Because the cost of food has gone up so much in the past couple of years, nearly everyone can […]
- 65 Life and Money Tips That Will Change Your Life
As each year ends, I like to round-up all of my blog posts on Making Sense of Cents from the past year in one easy spot so that you can check them all out and see what interests you. I have divided all of my blog posts into the following categories: […]
- 20 Best Money Saving Apps (I’ve Used Many Of These Apps!)
Looking for the best money saving apps and websites? When it comes to using technology to save money, there are a variety of money saving apps and websites to choose from. I’ve sifted through the best personal finance apps to find which ones will […]
- How much income places you in the top 1%, 5%, or 10%?
The top 1% of earners have seen their incomes increase by 179% since 1979, and...
- AnyDesk domain impersonation row: Company says countermeasures being taken
AnyDesk is used by millions of people across the globe...
- The recovery of Thai economy & challenges ahead
Thailand being the second-largest economy in Southeast Asia is dealing with slower-than-expected global demand...
- ‘Buy with Prime’: Amazon’s latest weapon to dominate US e-commerce sector
Launched in 2022, ‘Buy with Prime’ has been available to certain merchants that have been...
- Game over for Jack Ma? China buys Alibaba’s ‘golden shares’
One of the most visible targets of China's two-year-long regulatory onslaught on tech companies has...
- 10th Annual International Finance Awards: Biggest line-up set for grand event in Dubai
Some of the past winners of the International Finance Awards include Saudi Telecom Company, Sharjah...
- Tesla lowers electric car costs in US
Tesla also reduced its prices in China and other Asian regions...
- Energy transformation to benefit Middle Eastern banks
Aytech Pseunokov predicted that banks and financial institutions would eventually become the primary funding source...
- Road-Tripping To Iceland On A Budget
Are you dreaming of an epic road trip to Iceland, but worried that you don't have the funds to make it happen?
- 4 Ways Environmentally Conscious People Can Reduce Their Carbon Footprint
In the face of grim predictions regarding climate change and the future of the natural environment, it's no longer enough to rely on governments and corporations to take the actions necessary to save our planet.
- Tips for Starting Investing in Cryptocurrencies in 2023
In theory, crypto is a digital currency stored and distributed through the internet. In actuality, it is a digital asset that may gain or lose value as equities and bonds do. A cash currency is made up of paper bills and metal coins.
- Here’s Where Coffee Costs the Most (and Least) in the U.S.
The average price for a cappuccino can vary quite a lot around the U.S.
- Act Fast! Adidas Streetwear Accessories Are Discounted up to 40% Right Now
Shop this sale on Adidas hats, bags, and socks to save up to 40%.
- 10 Unique Valentine’s Gifts For Partners That Have Everything
Get your loved one a unique and special gift this Valentine’s Day.
- Save Hundreds in Amazon’s Seasonal Sale on Inflatable Hot Tubs
Get an inflatable hot tub during this seasonal sale to save hundreds on your purchase.
- Are Bidding Wars Back in Your Town? Housing Market Shows Signs of Recovery
Mortgage applications are on the rise thanks to a recent retreat in rates.
- Amazon, Uber and Other Companies Are Dropping Fuel Surcharges After Gas Prices Plunge
Many companies tacked on fuel surcharges in 2022 to cope with rising gas prices.
- Mortgage Delinquency Rates Record Low – Is This the Calm Before the Debt Storm?
The U.S. housing market partied hard in 2021 and early 2022, as record-low mortgage rates and pandemic-induced demand set off vicious bidding wars and sent home prices soaring. The fun didn’t last. The Federal Reserve began raising interest rates in March 2022, turning off the easy-money spigot that fueled the boom. By the fall, homebuyer The post Mortgage Delinquency Rates Record Low – Is This the Calm Before the Debt Storm? appeared first on Money Crashers.
- Credit Card Competition Act — What It Is & How It Affects Consumers
There’s already a lot of misinformation out there about the Credit Card Competition Act. Before you decide whether you’re in the pro or con camp, it’s important to understand what the law is, how it will work, and who it helps and, yes, harms. The post Credit Card Competition Act — What It Is & How It Affects Consumers appeared first on Money Crashers.
- CD Rates 2023 – Where Are They & Will They Go Up?
If you’re under 30 years old, this is the best time in your adult life to buy a certificate of deposit (CD). That’s not hyperbole. It’s a data-driven fact. After years of languishing near zero, CD rates spiked in 2022 and are now higher than they’ve been since at least 2008, right before the economy The post CD Rates 2023 – Where Are They & Will They Go Up? appeared first on Money Crashers.
- Truist Future Credit Card Review — 0% APR Introductory Promotion
The Truist Future Credit Card has a long 0% APR promotion for new cardholders. The promotion covers eligible purchases and balance transfers. Though it has no regular rewards program, Truist Future also has benefits like no annual fee and a low ongoing APR. The post Truist Future Credit Card Review — 0% APR Introductory Promotion appeared first on Money Crashers.
- What the U.S. Debt Ceiling Limit Means for Your Finances
The U.S. government is in danger of intentionally defaulting on its debt obligations for the first time in its history. The Biden Administration and the House of Representatives, which is controlled by Republicans and led by Speaker Kevin McCarthy, must agree to raise the country’s legal borrowing limit — known as the debt limit or The post What the U.S. Debt Ceiling Limit Means for Your Finances appeared first on Money Crashers.
- How to Fill Out a Money Order — 6 Step Guide With Example
??Money orders aren’t a common form of payment anymore. If you need to fill one out, you might have no idea how to do so. Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. The post How to Fill Out a Money Order — 6 Step Guide With Example appeared first on Money Crashers.
- Making sense of the markets this week: January 29, 2023
CNR and big tech earnings, how to solve Canada’s productivity issues, and are we really done with interest rate increases? The post Making sense of the markets this week: January 29, 2023 appeared first on MoneySense.
- How to make better financial decisions—without regret—in a crisis
What is a decision crisis? How do you know if you’re in one, and what do you do next? Financial expert Shannon Lee Simmons explains in her new book. The post How to make better financial decisions—without regret—in a crisis appeared first on MoneySense.
- The best high-interest savings accounts in Canada for 2023
Looking for the best high-interest savings account in Canada? Whether you want the highest possible interest rate or no service fees, you'll find the best savings account to meet your needs. The post The best high-interest savings accounts in Canada for 2023 appeared first on MoneySense.
- “My first experience of buyer’s remorse has guided my spending ever since”
Financial journalist and podcaster Kerry K. Taylor shares her early financial lessons and regrets, and how a past recession shaped her view of money. The post “My first experience of buyer’s remorse has guided my spending ever since” appeared first on MoneySense.
- What the Bank of Canada’s latest overnight rate hike means for your finances
The central bank’s overnight interest rate sets the tone for the prime rates offered by banks. We explain what changes in the policy rate mean for you. The post What the Bank of Canada’s latest overnight rate hike means for your finances appeared first on MoneySense.
- Book review: The Intelligent Fund Investor by Joe Wiggins
Selecting funds based on past returns, stories about “the next best thing” and so on can be costly mistakes. This book explains why, so you can avoid them. The post Book review: <i>The Intelligent Fund Investor</i> by Joe Wiggins appeared first on MoneySense.
- What Is Market Rotation and How to Use It to Your Advantage?
Market rotation is the shift of capital from sector to sector as economic conditions change. You can use it to your advantage! The post What Is Market Rotation and How to Use It to Your Advantage? appeared first on FinMasters.
- What Credit Score Do I Need to Rent an Apartment?
Perhaps you're wondering, "What credit score do I need to rent an apartment?" The answer will vary, and not all landlords will even check. The post What Credit Score Do I Need to Rent an Apartment? appeared first on FinMasters.
- Capitalizing on USA-China Tensions
The rivalry between the US and China is a fact of life. Investors can't change it, but they can look for ways to exploit it. The post Capitalizing on USA-China Tensions appeared first on FinMasters.
- Stay Ahead of the Curve – Learn the Dividend Dates You Need to Know
If you're a dividend-focused investor there are four dividend dates that you need to know. Here's an explanation. The post Stay Ahead of the Curve – Learn the Dividend Dates You Need to Know appeared first on FinMasters.
- 10+ Best Behavioral Finance Books to Read in 2023
Behavioral finance books help understand the impact of psychology on financial decisions. Check out the top titles. The post 10+ Best Behavioral Finance Books to Read in 2023 appeared first on FinMasters.
- 13 Best Finance Books for Young Adults
If you are a young adult just starting to build your financial literacy these finance books will help get you to get off on the right foot. The post 13 Best Finance Books for Young Adults appeared first on FinMasters.
- I Will Never Recommend Crypto
Not too long ago, a reader sent me a message letting me know that someone had created a fake Instagram account of me and was DMing people telling them to invest in some crypto scheme. I’m not a big-time influencer by any means, so it’s a bit flattering that some scammer thought I was a The post I Will Never Recommend Crypto appeared first on Financial Panther.
- Redshift Arclight Pedals Review – Increase Your Visibility With These Awesome Light Up Pedals
Hey everyone. I get to check out some cool products as part of this blog and when I find something that I think is useful, I like to share it here. Recently, I was able to test out the Arclight Pedals from Redshift Sports. In short, they’re a great addition to my ebike and a The post Redshift Arclight Pedals Review – Increase Your Visibility With These Awesome Light Up Pedals appeared first on Financial Panther.
- November and December 2022 Side Hustle Report – $2,395.86
Hey everyone! I’ve been way behind on the blogging front, with my hands full with a new baby and an increasingly rambunctious toddler. Things are going well at home and the family is doing well, but unfortunately, my schedule and general fatigue meant that I didn’t get the November side hustle report out last month. The post November and December 2022 Side Hustle Report – $2,395.86 appeared first on Financial Panther.
- Hiboy S2R Review – A Great Commuter Scooter With A Removable Battery
The Hiboy S2R is one of the more interesting electric scooters I’ve been able to test out. It’s not a high-powered scooter, but for an everyday transport option, it’s very useful, especially given some of the unique features that it has. Indeed, for the price, the Hiboy S2R might be the best value scooter I’ve The post Hiboy S2R Review – A Great Commuter Scooter With A Removable Battery appeared first on Financial Panther.
- October 2022 Side Hustle Report – $1,131.79
Hey everyone. I hope you’re all doing well! If you’re a regular reader, you’ve probably noticed I’ve been pretty slow with posting lately. That’s because I have some big news. We added a new member to our family in October – a healthy baby boy. That means I’m on paternity leave for a bit while The post October 2022 Side Hustle Report – $1,131.79 appeared first on Financial Panther.
- Is The Panera Bread Sip Club The Solution To The Latte Factor?
The Panera Bread Sip Club is an interesting subscription service that my family has used over the past year or so. For a low monthly fee, you get unlimited coffee, tea, lemonade, and fountain drinks at any Panera Bread in the country. Considering how many Panera Breads there are in the United States (over 2,000 The post Is The Panera Bread Sip Club The Solution To The Latte Factor? appeared first on Financial Panther.